At Clearwaterkids.org (the “Website”), we at ClearWater Farm (the flagship initiative of the Ontario Water Centre, an educational charity) pride ourselves in making safe and quality content that kids can enjoy and parents can trust. To make sure this Website stays safe, fun and educational, we commit to the following:
Collection of Information
- The information we collect is almost always non-personal and non-identifiable (such as data about how most visitors use the Website), except for contests (see below), and for some activities on the Website (see below). If there is any other exception, we will tell you, the parent/guardian of the child.
- When we do collect personal information such as e-mail addresses and telephone numbers, it will not be disclosed to or shared with third-parties unless we explicitly state otherwise and you as the parent/guardian of the child consent to such disclosure or as required by law.
- No one will be excluded from our Website for not giving us personal information. However, participation in some activities on the site such as contests may require personal information. When we do ask for personal information (like an e-mail address or telephone number), it is only used for that particular activity or to contact you, the parent/guardian. Personal information is stored in a secure location and only accessible and retained for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected.
- Kids can enter a Clearwaterkids.org contest through our Website. If an entrant is under 13 years of age, we require an indication of parental consent prior to the submission of personal information. On the online entry form, we may ask for the entrant’s name, age and contact information where a parent can be reached. This personal information is collected and used solely for the purpose of communicating with parents/guardians and awarding contest prizes, tracking compliance with the official rules and regulations and for internal feedback purposes.
- If a contest entrant is under 13 years of age and has won a contest on our Website, we will get a parent’s permission offline (by postal mail, fax or phone) before we mail any prizes.
- Clearwaterkids.org does not require identifiable information upon the creation of a username and password. When prompted to create a username, we recommend you use non-personally identifiable information.
It is possible that several cookies* will be set on your computer as you or your child visit Clearwaterkids.org. Clearwaterkids.org uses the information from cookies to remember site preferences and to improve our visitors’ experiences on the Website. No personal information is ever stored in a Clearwaterkids.org cookie, even if your or your child’s name, telephone number or e-mail address was entered on other parts of the Clearwaterkids.org site.
Clearwaterkids.org does not sell information collected by cookies or use the information for commerce-related purposes.
- As you or your child explore Clearwaterkids.org, a cookie will be set on your computer which will record your IP address. This will tell us which pages you visit and the amount of time spent on each page. This helps us at Clearwaterkids.org identify new and repeat visitors and tells us how long visitors spend on our Websites and which pages receive the most traffic. This tracking is to enhance your experience by allowing customization and an easier access to the items on the Clearwaterkids.org Website you enjoy.
- Cookie technology is employed on our games to make the Website more interactive and ensures personally identifiable information is not collected during game play. Unless the game is associated with a contest your child wishes to enter, personally identifiable information will not be required to play.
- As we do not require login information on most of our pages, cookie technology is the only method we use to track the preferences of your child and are only identifiable on one computer. This means a visitor cannot see the activities he or she may have created on another computer.
- If cookies are deleted, the information will be lost. Also, if a computer is updated with new operating software, cookie information will be deleted.
Sponsors and Links to Third Party Web-Sites
- A logo of a company or organization that has funded, sponsored or supported clearwaterkids.org or its related assets (videos, games, learning materials and activities, etc.) may appear on the website. Our partners are trusted sources of information and child-engagement. However, if a partner/supporter provides a link to an external website, clearwaterkids.org can make no claims or have control over the content of the third-party sites.
- Most third-party sites are insulated with a Clearwaterkids.org bridge pop-up, advising the user he or she is now leaving the Clearwaterkids.org website and offering that user an opportunity to remain on our Website.
Acceptance of Terms
This policy is subject to change and we invite users to check back frequently.
Your family’s use of this Website is conditional upon your having accepted these terms. Clearwaterkids.org is a site that families can visit and use together, and where parents and caregivers can ensure their children are safely interacting, learning and playing.
If you have any comments or questions, we’re happy to hear them. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 20, 2020